- 1 Walla walla sweet onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus oil for grilling
- 1 tbsp minced ginger root
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lb Bing Cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp tarragon leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs wild salmon filet, cut in 4 portions
- To make the chutney, in a hot saucepan, caramelizeonions in oil, then add ginger and garlicand cook until lightly golden. Add cherries and cook gently. Deglaze pan with red wine and reduce until cherriesare tender. Finish with vinegar,sugar, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- To grill the salmon, preheat abackyard barbecue and rub the grilling surface with oliveoil. Season the salmonfillets lightly with salt and pepper. Grillskin-side-up for five minutes,or until dark lines form onthe flesh, then turn the salmon and grill until the fish is just cookedthrough, about 4 minutes more. Serve the salmon with the chutney and garnish with tarragon sprigs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!