Recipe courtesy of savingtheseason.com
1. Stem and pit cherries and combine in a bowl with lemon juice and sugar. Allow to macerate for an hour.
2. Turn cherry mixture into a pot, bring to a simmer and then remove from heat. Cover with parchment paper and refrigerate overnight.
3. The next day, gently bring the raspberries and water to a simmer in a small saucepan and allow to stew for 5 minutes until soft. Strain through a fine sieve to collect the juice. Discard the raspberry seeds and pulp.
4. Collect the juice off the cherries by straining them into a preserving pan. Add the raspberry juice and bring to a boil. Reduce at a rapid boil for 5 minutes.
5. Add cherry meats, return to a boil, skim, and continue cooking for perhaps another 10 minutes until the gel set is achieved.
6. Ladle into jars, seal and process in a boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.