Recipe courtesy of recipezaar.com
10 cups pitted sweet cherries (about 7 pounds)
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
1 1/4 cups white vinegar
4 teaspoons corn syrup
1 1/2 cups raisins
- Add all ingredients except raisins in a large stainless or enamel pot.
- Bring to a full rolling boil stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat a bit to a gentle boil, stirring frequently until mixture thickens, about 60 minutes.
- Stir in raisins and boil for 5 more minutes.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.