Recipe courtesy of recipezaar.com
6 cups peeled, sliced plums
4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups cut up pineapple
1 large lemon, finely chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine plums and sugar, let stand until juice forms- about 1 hour.
- Combine plum mixture, pineapple and lemon in a 6 quart or larger pot.
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until thick- around 40 minutes, or until the jell point.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts.
- Quickly ladle into clean, hot jars leaving ¼ inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath 15 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.