7 great reasons to eat cherries:
- Cherries are a good source of potassium. Increasing evidence shows that a diet rich in potassium may help to control blood pressure and reduce the risk for hypertension and stroke.
- Cherries are a source of melatonin. Melatonin is an effective means for reducing jet lag and promoting overall healthy sleep patterns.
- Cherries have anti-inflammatory properties which studies suggest may help to control arthritis and gout.
- Cherries contain antioxidants. Antioxidants found in cherries may help to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Cherries contain antioxidants. Studies show that the antioxidants found in cherries may help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Cherries are a healthy snack. A serving size of 21 cherries has less than 100 calories.
- The anthocyanins found in cherries may help to reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- For more information, citations and peer-reviewed studies please click here (1-page) or here (full review).